Nick Clegg referred to it as a 'miserable little compromise' (Choice words Cleggy) and has since been arguing the case for the yes camp. The green party is in favour. The yes vote is ahead in the polls. Thought it would be interesting to conduct a poll of our own, why? Because we can!
Comments from discussion forums:
- Vote no to AV and you will be stuck with FPTP forever and never get any closer to full PR.
- A socialist would vote for AV as the progressive move it is. Only those who have put party interest higher than that would deny it .
- I vote for one party and one candidate I have no interest in giving a 2nd preference, 3rd, 4th and so on to other parties and why should I.
- It's more democratic than FPTP.
- Just think it will confuse voters, most people I have spoken to just have a firm idea who they want to win. Can understand why Greens want it, good second choice for a lot of people though if you are last in the first round that becomes irrelevant anyway
- It's been great in Papa New Guinea
- Tories and Lib Dems will always give the other their 2nd preference or 1st preference depending on who stands the best chance of winning. So you will have a stitch up
- Candidates will have to work much harder under AV